Do you, or your organisation have any training needs? If so contact VANL on 01724 845155 (updated 12th July 2021)
Voluntary Action has delivered training to adults across North Lincolnshire for the last twenty years.
We offer accredited and non-accredited training at very competitive prices and give consistent discounts to organisations that are Voluntary Action members. (Link to membership).
Through training and support we aim to enable a sector that is confident when developing and delivering services and also in its relationship with other sectors be they statutory or private. We feel our long history as a training provider gives us insight and skill when responding to training needs.
Our public training provision is issued on a quarterly basis and we use our close relationships to respond flexibly to identified need. We also offer bespoke provision for organisations for accredited and non accredited training. Our Training Diary can be found here.
We deliver training in the following areas:
- Volunteer Management and volunteer development (Lincolnshire Volunteering).
- First Aid, Food Hygiene and Health and Safety (courses regulated by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health).
- Good Governance: Committee Skills, Managing Meetings, Effective Decision Making,
- Workforce Development; including leadership skills, safeguarding, Data Protection,
- Successful funding bids and fundraising for your organisation
- Personal Skills Development; positive thinking skills, confidence building, how to be assertive, effective decision making.
- Supporting others; Develop a Befriending Scheme, Introduction to Coaching Skills, Boundaries and how to Maintain Them.
For a full portfolio please Contact Us.
The majority of our training is held in our upstairs training room at VANL office. However we endeavour to make it as accessible as possible for people with a disability and will respond to special requests at the time of booking to the best of our ability.
COURSE INFORMATION – A selection of our most popular courses.
Please contact us if you do not see what you are looking for as we endeavour to update our portfolio on a regular basis.
Our staff team and training associates have unique expertise in their field/subject and deliver with enthusiasm and skill to make learning positive and to ensure it has the impact needed.
What Our Learners Say
‘I will have much more confidence when/if faced with concerns.’ Zillah, Safeguarding Children Course
‘Very informative, enjoyable day. Made to feel comfortable.’ Kim, First Aid
‘Nothing could have improved this learning experience for me. It was tailored to our organisation.’ Jill, Effective Decision-Making
‘Very fulfilling week. Good ideas and solutions.’ Sam, Wellness Recovery Action Planning