Winterton 2022 Committee will be considering the various outcome boards with a view to nominating key projects for the £1 Million Lottery Fund. Those outcomes include:
WINTERTON IS AN ACTIVE AND HEALTHY COMMUNITY
THIS MEANS: An increase in the range of activities and opportunities for people of all ages that promote improved health and wellbeing.
- Young people’s activities
- Cycling initiatives
- Benches / seats
- Footpaths and walks
- Access to swimming
WINTERTON IS A PROSPEROUS COMMUNITY
THIS MEANS: Supporting existing business and developing new enterprises. Increasing the range and diversity of local shops.
- Helping shops and businesses to maintain and provide jobs
- Initiatives to support local entrepreneurs
- Helping shops and businesses to prosper and provide apprenticeships
- Initiatives to maximise local employment opportunities within the town
- Support for new businesses in the Town
WINTERTON IS A COHESIVE COMMUNITY
THIS MEANS: People get along with each other in Winterton. There are opportunities for younger and older people to share activities.
- Opportunities to engage young people in initiatives to benefit the wider community
- Activities that develope better links between generations
- A Community Hub or Centre
- More community events
- Neighbourhood Watch
WINTERTON IS A LEARNING COMMUNITY
THIS MEANS: A range of learning opportunities for all ages.
- Affordable adult education opportunities for leisure, arts and crafts
- Affordable adult education opportunities for work / jobs
- Taster scheme for young people to try jobs
- Support for out-of-school opportunities for younger people
WINTERTON IS A SUSTAINABLE, CLEAN AND GREEN COMMUNITY
THIS MEANS: Support for initiatives that meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. Projects that preserve Winterton’s historical heritage and character. Preserving, protecting and extending the range and quality of green space.
- Support for maximising renewable energy sources such as solar panels
- Developing new allotments
- Preservation, protection, improvement and extension of green spaces
- Initiatives to control and eliminate litter and dog fouling – e.g. neighbours report