VANL TRAINING PROGRAMMES
Welfare Benefits Update Including Immigration
16th September 2016, 9.30 – 4.30 pm
A dry and dusty subject that is brought to life by an experienced trainer who has worked as a caseworker and advocate for those pursuing claims and appeals. This course is suitable for anyone providing, needing or managing advisory services.
Examine key terms and definitions relating to means tested, non means tested and discretionary benefits.
- Get up to speed with the changes in Welfare Benefits and Tax Credits since the introduction of Universal Credit in 2013 AND the on-going reforms of the Conservative Government elected in 2015
- Profile in depth the 16 key welfare benefits and tax credits
- Identify on going and imminent changes with many of them
- Reconcile Social Security Law with Immigration Law
- Look at procedures for claims, payments and appeals
- Signpost further sources of support and assistance
The 16 benefits and tax credits covered on the course are:-
- A = Attendance Allowance
- CA= Carers Allowance
- CB=Child Benefit
- CTC=Child Tax Credit
- CTR=Council Tax Reduction
- DLA =Disability Living Allowance
- IESA =Income related employment and support allowance
- HB =Housing Benefit
- IS =Income Support
- JSA = Job Seeker’s Allowance
- PC =Pension Credit
- PIP =Personal Independence Payment
- SDA =Severe Disablement Allowance
- SF =Social Fund Payments
- UC = Universal Credit
- WTC = Working Tax Credit
Delegates will be provided with a comprehensive manual to support classroom delivery.
Fees: VANL members £50 Non Members £60 Pvt and Statutory £80:
Bookings and enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org t 01724 845155 or pop in and see us in our Scunthorpe office.
Quote for Bespoke – training needs for your organisation or project, but nothing out there or have to travel miles? Get in touch to review your training needs.