Family Foundations needs caring people
The Family Foundations project needs people who:
- Are positive about differences, e.g. culture, religion, social status
- Have a ‘can do’ positive attitude to working with people no matter what their life circumstance
- Have a sensitive, non-judgemental and caring attitude towards others
- Are clear about confidentiality and able to decide when disclosure of a confidence is essential to the well-being of a child
- Are reliable and understand the importance of reliability to the family, with good communication skills including an ability to listen
- Are willing to learn and grow as a result of your volunteer role
- Understand the need for and importance of support
- Are patient, with a warm and open personality and a sense of humour, and prepared to keep records if requested.
Overall, this exciting and rewarding voluntary activity requires energy, commitment, reliability, creativity and a sense of humour.
It will give you:
- the feeling you are making a positive life-changing difference to children and their families, by breaking the cycle of harm that substance addictions can bring
- a range of transferable professional skills which can support further career pathways for volunteers who wish to pursue a professional career in health and social care.
- Counselling experience
- Social work experience
This is a Big Lottery Funded project. The next 9-week course of training starts in June 2019 and we are recruiting more volunteers, so contact Lynne or Mel now for a registration form, or for more information, or a no-obligations chat about the project.