The Family Foundations project is a Big Lottery Funded project in partnership with Voluntary Action North Lincolnshire. Currently we have 6 volunteers who have completed their training and are actively working with Families. The next 6 week course of training starts in May and we are recruiting more Volunteers.
- Positive about difference e.g. culture, religion, social status
- Have a ‘can do’ positive attitude to working with people no matter what their life circumstance
- Have a sensitive, non-judgemental and caring attitude towards others
- Clear about confidentiality and be able to decide when disclosure of a confidence is essential to the well-being of a child
- Be reliable and understand the importance of reliability to the family with good communication skills including an ability to listen
- Be willing to learn and grow as a result of your volunteer role
- Understand the need for and importance of support
- Patient, with a warm and open personality and a sense of humour, and prepared to keep records if requested.
Overall; this exciting and rewarding voluntary activity requires energy, commitment, reliability, creativity and a sense of humour, in exchange for;
- feeling you are making a positive life changing difference to children and their families, by breaking the cycle harm that substance addictions can bring and,
- a range of transferable professional skills which can support further career pathways for volunteers who wish to pursue a professional career; including:
Health and social care
We hope to accredit the learning programme to CERTA level 2 or 3 for volunteers who wish to obtain a formal qualification (this will not be mandatory). For a full role description, please click here Family Foundations Role Description