VANL AGM and Birthday Celebration
Our theme for the year is ‘The Road Ahead: Where Next for the Voluntary Sector?’
Venue: Westcliff Community Centre, Newbolt Avenue, Scunthorpe, DN17 1PE
9.30 Coffee and registration
10.00 Business meeting will commence
- Welcome and opening remarks of the Presiding Chair
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes of the AGM held on 10 November 2016
- Presentation, discussion and Adoption of the Annual Review 2016-17
- Presentation, Discussion and Adoption of the Independently Examined Accounts
- Appointment of Independent Examiner for the next financial year
- Declaration of nominations to the Trustee Board – see attached
10.20 Presentation of the Ian McPherson Award for Outstanding Contribution to Community
10.35 Setting the Scene – Carole Phillips Voluntary Action North Lincolnshire
10.45 Life in the voluntary sector 1997-2017 and beyond
Presentation from 3 of VANL member organisations
11.15 ‘The Road Ahead: where next for the voluntary sector’
Karl Wilding – director of public policy & volunteering National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO)
11.40 Questions to the Expert Panel on the road ahead; working with the Voluntary Sector, from their professional area of service and expertise:
- Karl Wilding – Director of public policy & volunteering National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) from a national policy perspective (to read our interview with Karl, click here)
- Lianne Langdon – Chief Executive North Lincolnshire Clinical Commissioning Group from a local Clinical Commissioning Group and transforming health perspective.
- Stewart Atkinson – Joint Commissioning Manager North Lincolnshire Substance Misuse Team a substance misuse and public health perspective.
- John Lee – Deputy Chief Executive, Age UK North Lincolnshire from a local voluntary sector service delivery perspective.
12.20 Event closes, Certificate presentation to organisations in membership for 20 years and Light Lunch and Birthday Cake.
Throughout – Visit the Market Place; including the Big Lottery and a range of other funders.
2pm (At VANL, 4-6 Robert Street) Big Lottery Surgery appointments. Please book your slot.