Street Outreach Project
Street-based sex workers are the most at risk sex workers, but are also vulnerable members of society for reasons other than their involvement in sex work. This partnership will provide help and support to Street sex workers in North Lincolnshire specifically the project aims to engage with Street Sex Workers, deliver effective and robust psychosocial support and harm reduction interventions that include contraception, needle exchange, Blood Borne virus screening and testing.
The project further aims to assertively link clients into wider health care via supported referrals and coordinate intelligence. The project will share this intelligence appropriately and safely with key partners. These interventions aim to Targeting known ‘Kerb-Crawlers’ reduce victims of rape and child sex exploitation. The project will work closely with North Lincs CCTV to locate hot spots, maintain safety and obtain intelligence.
- Specifically the project aims to deliver the following:
- Sustain ongoing relationships with people involved in sex work to ensure they have access to services
- Deliver a wide range of frontline harm reduction, information, health and other initiatives/services, e.g. addressing violence against sex workers, raising awareness about legal rights
- Facilitate improvement in health and reduce the risks associated with sex work, and to work with sex workers to achieve this
- Advertise and promote wider services
- Provide a referral and support gateway to other services
- Identify cases of sexual exploitation of young people, and other forms of exploitation, provide appropriate support and make appropriate referrals and interventions
If you would like further information please contact:
Telephone: 01724 845155
If you would like to find out more about services for the most hard to reach people in the community, including this project, or would like to donate to this or any of the Lincs2Wellbeing activities contact Ann-Marie Loader, Lincs2Wellbeing Manager by calling 01724 845155, or email email@example.com