The Family Foundations project is a Big Lottery Funded project in partnership with Voluntary Action North Lincolnshire. We now have 3 teams volunteers who have completed their training and are actively working with Families. The next 6 week course of training starts in January 2018 and we are recruiting more Volunteers. We are particularly keen to hear from potential volunteers in the Barton Upon Humber area, or those who are able to drive and travel.
- Positive about difference e.g. culture, religion, social status
- Have a ‘can do’ positive attitude to working with people no matter what their life circumstance
- Have a sensitive, non-judgemental and caring attitude towards others
- Clear about confidentiality and be able to decide when disclosure of a confidence is essential to the well-being of a child
- Be reliable and understand the importance of reliability to the family with good communication skills including an ability to listen
- Be willing to learn and grow as a result of your volunteer role
- Understand the need for and importance of support
- Patient, with a warm and open personality and a sense of humour, and prepared to keep records if requested.
Overall; this exciting and rewarding voluntary activity requires energy, commitment, reliability, creativity and a sense of humour, in exchange for;
- feeling you are making a positive life changing difference to children and their families, by breaking the cycle harm that substance addictions can bring and,
- a range of transferable professional skills which can support further career pathways for volunteers who wish to pursue a professional career; including:
Health and social care
We hope to accredit the learning programme to CERTA level 2 or 3 for volunteers who wish to obtain a formal qualification (this will not be mandatory). For a full role description, please click here Family Foundations Role Description