This page advertises jobs from within the Sector. For more information about the vacancy please see the additional information and contact the advertiser directly.
Independent Living Adviser
We are looking for someone to join our Grimsby based team in providing advice and information to people with disabilities who live independently. This is a varied role that is based in both the office and out in the community.
22.5 Hours per week
Wednesday to Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
£21,074 per annum (pro rata)
(Predominantly office based with some community travel)
As an Independent Living Adviser, your main duties will include:
- Advising individuals on all aspects of their care packages including financial aspects
- Managing your own caseload
- Supporting individuals with the recruitment and ongoing management of care staff
- Providing accurate information in a clear and concise format that meets the individual’s needs
- Recording and maintaining accurate records and providing reports as required
- Organising and attending meetings/reviews with individuals, colleagues and local authority staff
Skills, Experience and Qualification
To be successful as an Independent Living Adviser, you will have the following attributes:
- Experience of providing information or advice to others or within a customer service environment
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing adapting your style to suit the audience
- Ability to manage diary and workload effectively
- Current driving licence and unrestricted use of vehicle
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (including Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to produce letters and other documents to a high standard
- Ability to input and maintain accurate data records
- Excellent telephone manner
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Be flexible and able to work to deadlines
- Hold minimum GCSE Grade ‘C’ or equivalent in English and Maths
This post is subject to the completion of a satisfactory DBS check prior to appointment.
All applications must be returned by Monday 11th March 2019.
Penderels Trust is a Disability Confident employer and will offer a guaranteed interview to disabled people who meet the job specification.