“Promoting, Supporting and Developing voluntary activity within the community”
Do you know what’s behind the purple door?
Voluntary Action North Lincolnshire welcomes anyone who wants to find out what we do.
Behind the purple door your voluntary group or charity can become a member of VANL, if you’re not a member of a group you can find out about what charities in North Lincolnshire do, and how you can get involved. VANL offers office services among other things, and small businesses are welcome to make use of this offer. We aim to help Scunthorpe and the surrounding area thrive because that is something that will help our member groups achieve their aims.
Larger businesses may like to talk to us about setting up partnerships with local charities. Both sides can benefit – the charity by help both financial and in kind; the business by association with a local good cause, and possibly advertising opportunities.
We also offer a wide range of training courses, from First Aid At Work and Basic Food Hygiene through to Counselling Skills and CBT. If you or your organisation has a specific training need, talk to us – we may well be able to provide the course you need.
Whatever your interest, come and talk to us.
FAMILY FOUNDATION VOLUNTEERS NEEDED……
The Family Foundations project is a Big Lottery Funded project in partnership with Voluntary Action North Lincolnshire. We now have 3 teams volunteers who have completed their training and are actively working with Families. The next 6 week course of training starts in January 2018 and we are recruiting more Volunteers. We are particularly keen to hear from potential volunteers in the Barton Upon Humber area, or those who are able to drive and travel.
- Positive about difference e.g. culture, religion, social status
- Have a ‘can do’ positive attitude to working with people no matter what their life circumstance
- Have a sensitive, non-judgemental and caring attitude towards others
- Clear about confidentiality and be able to decide when disclosure of a confidence is essential to the well-being of a child
- Be reliable and understand the importance of reliability to the family with good communication skills including an ability to listen
- Be willing to learn and grow as a result of your volunteer role
- Understand the need for and importance of support
- Patient, with a warm and open personality and a sense of humour, and prepared to keep records if requested.
Overall; this exciting and rewarding voluntary activity requires energy, commitment, reliability, creativity and a sense of humour, in exchange for;
- feeling you are making a positive life changing difference to children and their families, by breaking the cycle harm that substance addictions can bring and,
- a range of transferable professional skills which can support further career pathways for volunteers who wish to pursue a professional career; including:
Health and social care
We hope to accredit the learning programme to CERTA level 2 or 3 for volunteers who wish to obtain a formal qualification (this will not be mandatory). For a full role description, please click here Family Foundations Role Description
We are Disability Confident
Voluntary Action North Lincolnshire is proud to announce that we have achieved accreditation as a Disability Confident organisation, and are entitled to show the Disability Confident mark on our documents.
Office for hire
If you are looking for an office to rent, do contact us. An office is about to become vacant and will be available at very reasonable rates, with additional services available on demand, such as occasional hire of a meeting room if needed.
VANL can often help with hot-desking as well. So for anyone needing office space in Scunthorpe, contact VANL on 01724 845155.
Voluntary Action North Lincolnshire, 4-6 Robert Street, Scunthorpe, DN15 6NG
Registered in England and Wales as a Private Company Limited by Guarantee No.3346067 and a Registered Charity No.1063019
(c) Copyright VANL 2018