Development, Support and Representation
At Voluntary Action we carry out a wide range of Development work as outlined below:
- We have the capability to serve as research consultants, providing high-quality research at comparatively low cost. We encourage our member groups to undertake thorough research of their project base before commencement.
- We help any group or organisation with any problems they have.
- We help find funding to set up new projects.
- We help with basic paperwork and setting up accounts.
- Group training, which we either provide or we refer groups to other agencies who can help.
- Grant applications with a development worker.
- We suggest new paths for groups to go down (new ideas for fund raising events, find volunteers to join groups, help with publicity campaigns).
- We help prospective volunteers find a voluntary organisation to work with, and we help groups find new volunteers. Please contact us for a local interview.
- We have vast amounts of information and if we don't have the information for you, we will find it.
- We can develop new services to fill needs raised in our area.
- Support for community centres and urban community buildings.